Top 5 Things To Do at Real Estate Connect #icsf
By: Raj Qsar
This will be my 4th Real Estate Connect hosted by Inman News in San Francisco and it is the one event I look forward to year in & year out. I remember my first Connect like it was yesterday and it really helped me connect with people & solidify connections I had made online over the years. So for all you first time or repeat attendees here is a simple Top 5 list for you before you head to #icsf:
1. Make a list of the people you want to meet “in real life (IRL).” Connect is an amazing time for me personally to connect with people who I admire and respect and make that true IRL connection. Some of the connections I have made at Connect have become life long friends on mine! Remember this quote from GaryV, “People are not addicted to social media. People are addicted to people.” Some of my friends I met at #icsf: @chris_smth @katielance @lauramonroe @tericonrad @debra11 @kellymitchell @nobuhata @topbrokeroc @kendyl @jefflobb @tkjellander @lisaarcher @lauriewdavis @jimmymackin @sethstuff
2. Attend the sessions that are a must attend for you! Look for the sessions that pull you out of your comfort zone and will challenge you on a professional level. See the full schedule here. For me I always get something new from “The New Kids On The Block” session which this year is on Wednesday July 16th at 10:10am and these “KIDS” are the startups that are changing the real estate game. Also of note this year is “The Uberification of Real Estate” session which is on Wednesday at 10:30am (sounds killer)! Did someone say Luxury? The session called Luxury Power Players will be off the kilt! Connect Here.
3. Meet the 2014 Inman Connect Ambassadors. Talk about a fab list of people! If you could create a memory with each of these rockstars at Connect it would truly be epic! Meet them here –> Real Estate Connect Ambassadors. Secret hint….They are having a mixer and you can meet them all there —> Click Here. Also, connect with everyone in the Real Estate Connect facebook group.
4. The Party after the Party! Do I need to say anymore? We all know the real fun starts after 10pm! So just ask around, jump in an Uber Cab (download app here) and find out where the action is!! Check your email for last minute invites to all the happening VIP parties and events. If you do not know where the party is just ask my friend @JeremyLehman!! Check out the video we made from ICSF2012.
5. Get out into the city! San Francisco is truly a gorgeous city with sights, sounds and killer food!!! Check out this drone fly over the city just in case you needed a visual! Click Here. And since our team at The Boutique Real Estate Group are total foodies check out this list of The 38 Essential San Francisco Restaurants.
If you made it this far here is my Top Secret List of must meets. Shhhhh, do not tell anyone. I am really shy and do not want anyone to know! =)