October 21, 2014 by The Boutique Real Estate Group
9 Healthy Halloween Snacks
- Clementine Pumpkins Peel a few clementines and dress them up with a stick of celery to make clementine pumpkins!
- Jack O’ Lantern Hummus Dip Use your favorite hummus spread and layer the top with your own jack o’ lantern design using black beans, olives or raisins. Layer the sides with whole grain crackers, veggies or fruit!
- Cheesy Witch Brooms Use kitchen scissors to slice the bottom half of a cheese slice, wrap it around a pretzel stick, and then use a fresh chive as a string to hold it in place.
- Mummy Toast Take a few slices of toast, layer with a spread of marinara sauce, and top with spring cheese and olives for eyes! Enjoy toasted or un-toasted!
- Hot Dog Mummies Pigs in a blanket, Halloween style! Cut your dough in long, thin strips, then wrap and layer your hot dogs. Place them on a baking sheet in the oven and add ketchup for eyes!
- Cheese Pumpkins Form soft cheese into balls and then carve out the pumpkin lines with a toothpick. Now, insert a pretzel as the stem and enjoy with your favorite crackers! You could even do a larger version of this with your favorite soft cheese dip.
- String Cheese Ghosts Take your average string cheese, cut them in half and fringe the edges to make these fun octopus ghosts. Add them to a snack plate with crackers and fruit that the kids are sure to love!
- Owl Crackers Take large crackers, layer with cream cheese or hummus, and top with mini crackers, raisins, and almonds for this irresistible owl snack!
- Spider Sandwiches Treat your kids their favorite sandwich, Halloween style! Whether it may be ham & cheese, or peanut butter & jelly, adding carrot or pretzel legs to their sandwich will make lunch more festive and fun.