Top 10 Luxury Gifts For Long Beach Residents
Thanksgiving is just a few days away, and that means that holiday gift giving is about to begin. For Long Beach residents who need some especially nice gifts, we’ve assembled our favorite luxury gifts this season.
1. A fine watch. A classic watch from Rolex, Bulova, Omega or other fine watchmakers makes a great gift, as it can be used for years. Fine watches are also often heirlooms that are cherished for generations. Try one of Long Beach’s local jewelers, such as McCarty’s, for great selection and knowledgable staff.
2. Local craft beer or wine. Long Beach residents are fortunate to have several great wine and beer shops close by. Friendly staff who love sharing tips on the best wines and beers will be happy to help you find the perfect bottle.Try Public Beer and Wine Shop for advice.
3. Speaking of beverages for adults, why not find a bottle of aged Scotch? Glenmorangie Single Malt Scotch Whisky is one of Scotland’s oldest brands, carefully hand-crafted since the 1840s.
4. Of course, Long Beach is best known for its gorgeous beaches. Try Diane’s Beachwear for luxurious beach towels, great hats and sunglasses, and other fine accessories.
5. Create a luxury picnic set with a sturdy picnic basket, fun dishes, a pretty table cloth, and bottle of Veuve Clicquot Champagne. Round out the gift with tasty crackers and some nice cheeses or a gift certificate to Olives Gourmet Grocer in Belmont Heights.
6. Some people really don’t want extra things in their home but would love a membership for a museum or other institution. The Long Beach Museum of Art has an extensive permanent collection and many fascinating special exhibitions throughout the year. Click here for information on memberships.
7. The Earl Burns Miller Japanese Garden at Cal State Long Beach is one of Long Beach’s beautiful outdoor spaces. A membership to the garden is a wonderful gift. The recipient can take an hour or two and relax in the tranquility created by the Zen principles followed in the landscape design. Visit the Japanese Garden’s website here.
8. For theatre lovers on your list, purchase a subscription for the 2015 season of the International City Theatre. Subscribers can attend 5 shows and receive discounts at fine local restaurants. Visit ictlongbeach.org for more information.
9. The Queen Mary is one of Long Beach’s most famous landmarks. The gift of a night in one of the original state rooms makes a great gift. There are several overnight packages, which include special tours of the ship. Visit queenmary.com to choose the right vacation.
10. The Long Beach Symphony Orchestra is celebrating its 80th anniversary with a Classical Series performing classic literature with world-class musicians and soloists. A gift of tickets to a classical or a pops concert makes a wonderful gift. Visit lbso.org to see the season schedule.