July 23, 2011 by Raj Qsar
Real estate for sale in Yorba Linda looks brighter by one set of statistics.
Compare these trends to countywide patterns:
- 384 residences listed in brokers’ MLS system with 94 new deals opening in the past 30 days.
- By Thomas’s math, this community has a “market time” (months in would take to sell all inventory at current pace of new escrows) of 4.09 months vs. 4.87 months found two weeks earlier vs. 4.58 months seen a year earlier. Countywide, latest market time was 3.96 months vs. 3.78 months a year ago.
- So, homes in this community sell — in theory — in 3% more time than the countywide pace.
- Of the homes listed for sale in this community, 96 were either foreclosures being resold or short sales, where sellers owe more than the home’s value. So distressed properties were 25.0% of supply of homes for sale vs. 33.1% countywide.
- Homes for sale in Yorba Linda represent 3.4% of Orange County inventory — and 2.6% of all the distressed homes listed for sale in Orange County. New escrows here are 3.3% of all Orange County’s new pending sales.