🍷Please join us on the 1st Wednesday of EVERY MONTH for our infamous “Book Club.” Why do we call it a book club? Well, we tried to start a book club a few years ago at our office. The goal was to review one book a month that related to our business and just get our team together to network and build an amazing community. I can proudly say that we did not get through one single book, but we did find out that we all enjoy wine. And we had the best time! So we decided to make it official and invite all of you to our book club!! 😂
Where: The Boutique Real Estate Group, 3385 E. Imperial Hwy, Brea, Ca 92823
When: 1st Wednesday of Every Month
What: Wine (Bring one bottle of wine valued at $20+ and please bring a friend). No books, please.
Who: Everyone is welcome
RSVP: If you want to or just show up. Raj@TheBoutiqueRE.com // 714-412-5019
1. Make a hit list of the people you want to meet “in real life.” Connect is an amazing time to solidify some of those online relationships and connect with people who you admire and respect and make that true emotional connection. Some of the connections I have made at Connect have become lifelong friends of mine. They are the ones I call when I need advice and encouragement. Remember this quote from GaryV, “People are not addicted to social media. People are addicted to people.” Some of my favorite folks include 👉 Vanessa Jones Bergmark, Sara Sutachan, Seth Price, Andrew Flachner, Alyssa Hellman, Lynn Johnson, Rob Hahn, Laura Brady, Chris Smith, Jimmy Mackin, Matthew Shadbolt, Leigh Brown, Bill Lublin, Celeste Starchild, Katie Lance, Debra Trappen, Valerie Garcia, Joe Schutt, Jay Thompson, Heather Elias, Laura Monroe, Audie Chamberlain and so many others….
2. Attend as many sessions as you can possibly attend! DO NOT MISS ANYTHING. Specifically look for the sessions that pull you out of your comfort zone and will challenge you on a personal & professional level. See the full schedule here and meet the speakers here. This year…OMG 😳… Simon Sinek will be the Keynote and will be kicking off the festivities on the main stage at 8:55 am on Wednesday, January 24th. One of my favorite quotes from Simon Sinek that is totally in line with ICNY is, “Always plan for the fact that no plan ever goes according to plan.” Bonus: Please please please do not miss CAR’s #womanup on main stage on Wednesday at 11:45am moderated by Sara Sutachan.
3. Have you joined the Inman Coast to Coast Facebook Group? If not join here for all the latest posts, connections and updates.
4. The Party after the Party! Do I need to say anymore? We all know the real fun starts after 10 pm! So just ask around, jump in an Uber (download app here) or Lyft (download app here) and find out where the action is. Check your email for last minute invites to all the happening VIP parties and events. If you still can not find the party make sure to DM Chalmers or Carp (they will steer you in the right direction, I promise). If you are looking for the 🎤 top-secret karaoke party then there is only one name you should know 👉 Notorious.
5. Lobbycon! You have heard all the rumors and it is true! You will find everyone in The Broadway Lounge & Bar on the 8th floor of the Marriott and this is the spot where you will meet the CEO’s, Founders, Presidents, movers & shakers all just “hanging out.” Bring your selfie stick & business cards and make sure to say hi. BTW, when is the next time you will be in the same hotel as Brad Inman, Sherry Chris, Sharran Shrivatsaa, Joel Singer, Leslie Appleton Young & Elizabeth Mendenhall.
6. Get out into the city! New York is an amazingly gorgeous city with sights, sounds, history and killer food! And since our team at The Boutique Real Estate Group are total foodies check out this list of 100 Best Restaurants in New York City via Zagat. Or if you love to fly and want to get up in the air check out FlyNYON for a helicopter tour of the city. Hamilton! Enough said!
7. Stay fit! You will be eating, drinking & sitting in a lot of sessions. Make sure to stay fit at one of these locations: Peleton NYC, Soul Cycle, SOLACE Cross Fit, Core Power Yoga and Orange Theory are all amazing ways to keep the burn going while at ICNY.
8. Ambassadors. These are the ones who will lead us through ICNY. Joe Schutt & Laure Weston Davis have been “in charge” of this program for years now and if you have a question about anything ICNY these are the folks to ask. Have you met them? If not connect with them here.
If you made it this far and are headed to ICNY please find me in one of the sessions, lobbycon or at one of the after parties. I am currently slotted to speak at three sessions at ICNY this year so it would be amazing to connect with you!
Toll Brothers Inc. is adding another high-end housing development to its Orange County portfolio.
Its latest addition, a 47-lot site in Yorba Linda, will likely be one of its highest-priced local communities, which is saying something for the Horsham, Pa.-based builder, whose local developments’ homes top $2 million.
The builder, whose market value is about $8 billion, recently reached a deal to buy the Stonecliff Estates development site in Yorba Linda, roughly 30 acres on the northwest corner of Lakeview Avenue and Bastanchury Road. It’s a little more than a mile northeast of the Richard Nixon Museum and Library.
The site was listed for sale a few months ago by Sal Provenza and Curt Crandall at the Irvine office of land brokerage WD Land.
It traded hands for about $44 million, a little under $1.5 million per acre, or nearly $940,000 per lot, among the highest per-lot prices for an OC housing development site not along the coast.
The land was technically bought by an undisclosed land banking firm that will sell the lots to Toll Brothers in phases, according to Provenza.
Stonecliff Estates has been in the works for nearly a decade and was sold by an entity listed in marketing documents as Bastanchury Holding Co. LP.
The sellers are affiliated with Kuwait Finance House, a large Islamic banking firm that was one of the initial equity investors in the development, according to Provenza. The property is believed to be its only OC land investment; it also has some commercial property holdings in the Los Angeles area, he said.
Toll Brothers, which bills itself as the country’s largest luxury homes builder, is no stranger to Yorba Linda (or OC, where it’s now selling at 16 different projects), and has built a few developments in the city over the past three years.
Its latest, the 119-unit Enclave project, is about a half-mile from the recently bought property. It opened last year with prices near $2 million, and was about half sold as of a few months ago, according to brokerage data.
Stonecliff Estates will likely have a higher price point, thanks to some of the largest lot sizes—about a half-acre, or a little more than 20,000 square feet—for a recent OC housing development.
Most of Toll Brothers’ other area luxe homes in Irvine and other parts of OC have lots in the 6,000- to 12,000-square-foot range. Its Alta Vista development in Irvine’s Orchard Hills community, for example, with some homes priced at nearly $3 million, has lots of about 11,000 square feet, according to WD Land.
Homes at Stonecliff Estates were envisioned to be a little more than 4,000 square feet to nearly 6,000 square feet on the half-acre lots under the prior ownership group’s proposed designs, which Toll will likely tweak.
A community opening should be in about nine months, according to WD Land’s Provenza, who previously worked on land acquisitions for Toll Brothers.
Record Year, Rents
Apartment construction in OC is projected to reach an all-time record this year, according to a new multifamily research report by the local office of Marcus & Millichap.
Nearly 7,500 units will be completed at large apartment projects across the county, a record level and one that will increase OC’s base of rentals by 3%, the report said.
The heavy development is having a slight impact on vacancy rates, which have ticked up to 4%. But that hasn’t slowed rental appreciation, which has also risen 4%. Average monthly rents now stand at $1,972.
Construction should keep pushing on into next year. There were nine apartment projects with more than 300 units under way in Anaheim and Irvine combined at the start of the fourth quarter, and two projects, each larger than 500 units, were going up in Huntington Beach, the report said.
You forgot to make plans for the big night? We’ve got you covered with our best ideas for a variety of fun things to do on New Year’s Eve in Orange County.
Winter Fest OC will have two celebrations on New Year’s Eve for children young and old. A 3,000-balloon drop and fireworks are slated for 6 p.m. and midnight. These activities are included in your general admission to Winter Fest, which opens at noon on New Year’s Eve and also features an ice slide, inflatables, a Festival of Lights, rock climbing, carnival rides, and an ice skating rink. Ticket prices start at $12 for children online in advance and $17 for adults. Best value is the online value pack for $65 for four people, which includes a fast pass for the ice slide. winterfestoc.com
FAIRGROUNDS FOR ADULTS
For an over-21 extravaganza, check out Resolution NYE. There will be two stages over two nights (Dec. 30 and 31) featuring acts such as Young The Giant, Dirty Heads, Seven Lions, Illenium, Slander, and more. The festivities start Dec. 30 at 7 p.m. and on Dec. 31 the party goes from 8 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. at the Costa Mesa and Huntington Beach buildings at the OC Fair and Event Center. Admission is $50, VIP tickets start at $100. resolutionnyeoc.com
ON THE BEACH
Get out on the sand at Bolsa Chica State Beach on Dec. 31 and join DJ Dig Dug and DJ Ravi Drums in a heated tent. The event also features live music, dancing, a photo booth, a full premium bar, and midnight balloon drop. DJ Ravi Drums adds live percussion and unparalleled technology as he plays at 180-degree angles on a custom drum set. Tickets are available for the New Year’s Eve event for $75 in advance and $100 at the door. sealegs.ticketleap.com/newyearsatthebeach
SEAFOOD FOR 2018
Join the folks at Water Grill in Costa Mesa for an interactive photo booth and live music from the Michael Physick Trio. There’s a special surf and turf entrée on the menu for this evening and the featured dessert is dark chocolate mousse. Festivities begin at 9 p.m. Admission is free, but reservations are recommended. watergrill.com
Ring in the new year with Aloha spirit at Ways & Means Oyster House in Huntington Beach. The New Year’s Eve Hawaiian Bash starts at 6 p.m. and features a costume contest, music and dancing, giveaways, and bottomless well drinks for $55 starting at 8 p.m. wmoysters.com
JUST FOR KIDS
The Montage in Laguna Beach will host Paintbox, a New Year’s Eve party from 6 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. for children ages 5-12. The evening features karaoke, a show, dinner, a movie, activities, and more. $150 per child. montagehotels.com/lagunabeach
LAUGH IN THE NEW YEAR
Head to the Irvine Improv for an East Coast Countdown or a West Coast Countdown with Rob Schneider, the “Saturday Night Live” alum perhaps best known as the hilarious “copy guy.” The East Coast event starts at 7 p.m. and has a dinner option ($100) or regular admission for $50. The West Coast event starts at 10 p.m. and will feature Champagne and party favors for $100. irvine.improv.com
AN ELEGANT DINNER
AnQi will highlight one-night-only holiday specials, in addition to its regular dinner menu, including a steamed California sole and an eight-hour slow roasted brisket. A five-course prix fixe dinner is available for $145 per person. There will be a live band and a DJ, plus a balloon drop at midnight. houseofan.com
FAMILY ON ICE
Take the family to a Ducks game early on New Year’s Eve and get a good deal before you head out for the night. You can take advantage of the family pack that includes a ticket, hot dog, and soda starting at $31 each. The Ducks will play Arizona at 1 p.m. on New Year’s Eve and every fan in attendance will receive a cell phone wallet. anaheimducks.com
Celebrate the start of 2018 at a tucked away location: The Ranch Laguna Beach. Highlights include music from the Shawn Jones Band, dancing, a photo booth, four snack stations, confetti, and Champagne at midnight. The event starts at 9 p.m. and costs $125 per person. theranchlb.com
Via Kim Haman / Orange County Business Journal
December 4th, 2017
The home at 22570 Hidden Hills Road in Yorba Linda sold on Nov. 1 for $6.1 million, coming in under its $7.5 million list price in May. The sale represented the highest ever in the city. Nestled onto a private, 3.1-acre ridgetop lot, the estate features views that stretch to the ocean on the horizon. The 8,320-square-foot, contemporary-style home, formerly owned by the executive chef of Yardhouse Restaurants, Carlito Jocson, includes a restaurant caliber kitchen with Viking appliances, a large Subzero refrigerator and an adjacent 1,200- bottle, temperature-controlled wine storage room. Outdoors, there’s another full-service kitchen featuring an ample bar-seating area and wood-fired pizza oven. There are five bedrooms and six baths, as well as a 13-person theater and a billiards room, and a whole-home Crestron system. The grounds include a basketball court, full outdoor bath, and space for a helipad. The home was designed by DKY Architects’ David Streshinsky. Raj Qsar and Christina Boladian of The Boutique Real Estate Group represented the seller, and Edward Englehart of First Team Real Estate worked on behalf of the buyer.
Congratulations to the top 10 agents and the five honorable mentions in home tours and listing videos! This was an extremely difficult category to judge with so many quality entries. While we saw many highly produced samples, we focused on the story that each video told and how well they were able to explain the amenities and characteristics of each home.
We took into consideration the human element first. If a video did not have the real estate agent, homeowner, or even actors to help bring the home to life, they were eliminated from the competition. Needless to say, slideshows need not apply.
What we ultimately came up with was a balanced list of videos that includes both highly produced videos and videos every agent can create. Check out the top agents in the Listing Video category and get inspired by their creations!
Who can tell the story of a home and why it’s so magical better than the person who specifically built the home, custom to his family’s wants and needs? We love this video because we can see and feel why this home is so important to the homeowner.
#1 Raj Qsar // Home Tour Video Award
Raj is no stranger to awards. In 2017, Raj was named The Real Estate Influencer of The Year by Inman News. In 2016, Raj was named to the prestigious Swanepoel Power 200 Honoring the Most Powerful 200 People in Residential Real Estate. On his YouTube channel, you can find a variety of interviews with him where he discusses how important it is for real estate agents to utilize video in their business. Raj truly captures the luxury and cinematic essence of his high-end listings, on top of leveraging unique storytelling within his highly produced listing videos.
The Boutique Real Estate Group
💥 My team is excited to announce we are expanding. We are looking for a motivated 🏡 Realtor who wants to join my personal real estate team. Needs to have a RE License, work weekdays/nights & weekends, love technology, have a very flexible schedule and is super outgoing. We will train you on everything. If you know anyone who is looking to start a career in real estate or if they are in real estate but not doing what they feel like they can do please have them apply here 👉 www.JoinTheBoutique.com and to learn more about our company please visit 👉 www.TheBoutiqueRE.com ☺️
Mix & mingle at our swanky Corona Del Mar office. Experts on asset protection and digitizing photos/videos will share tips on preserving treasured memories and valuable possessions for your lasting legacy. “Unplugged” musical performance by Burden of Groove, including the Realtor-Hostess-Vocalist, Greta Tucker. Refreshments will be served.
For more info please contact Greta Tucker at 949-339-9940 or Greta.Tucker@TheBoutiqueRE.com
Please stop by for our Holiday party Pop-Up. Tuesday November 14th from 5-9pm. Hosted by The Boutique Real Estate Group on November 14th. Join featured guests: Nordstrom Mens Shop, HauteShopCo, J Star Motors, OC Wine Mart & HeavenLee Oils. Food & drinks will be served. 3385 E. Imperial Hwy, Brea, Ca 92823. Sign Up Here.