Home Energy Saving Tips
SIMPLE WAYS YOU CAN REDUCE ENERGY IN YOUR HOME AND SAVE MONEY!!!
These days we all can appreciate saving a buck or two, right? By living a little greener, you may see a little more green in your wallet! Reducing energy use in your home is a great way to save YOU money!. Also, by using less energy there will be less pollution and cleaner air to breath. Sounds like a win-win to me!
Here are helpful tips which may help you save energy and some money in the process too!
- Save money and the environment by installing an ENERGY STAR roof.
- Reflective coating on your roof will reduce the strain on your AC and lower the amount of heat coming into your home.
- Switch your ceiling fans to reverse or a counter clockwise position in the summer and in the winter run it at low speeds in the clockwise position.
- Use ceiling fans to cool off as they are cheaper than the A/C and use no more energy than a standard light bulb. HOWEVER, make sure that you turn them off when you leave as they do not cool down a room, only people!
- When you want to heat up your home, do it slowly and it will keep your bills down. Quickly raising the heat pump’s temperature activates the heat strip and uses a lot of energy. Slow and steady wins the race here!
- Keep the temperature inside your home as close to the outside temperature. It is cheaper to heat a home to 75 degrees when it is 60 degrees outside then when it is 45 degrees outside.